Hijaz Islamic University (HIU) is the being developed to become the leading global Islamic institution of Islamic Higher Education offering the study of classical Islamic sciences:
- Within the context of the modern Muslim world;
- Adopting the best current methodologies of delivery of higher education;
- Encouraging free discussion, debate and thinking for an inquisitive mind;
- Offering an insight into the wisdom, logic and rationale of revelation;
- Offering a platform for the dynamic development of Islamic principles through the doctrine of Ijtihad and Qiyas.
HIU is invigorating the global Muslim intellectual mind set with the true Islamic ideals.
HIU offers the broad range of online and directed undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
To be launched September 2016
Traditional Islamic scholarship has been criticised for its inept training and understanding of current society and its needs. Scholars have been developed in the Madrassahs that have taught them to regurgitate their learning without the skills to guide society to appropriate practical application. Modern professionals have been developed to become the service backbone of society without the realisation as to what shall be the outcome of their servitude or the fate of the society they so eagerly serve.
Creating dynamic scholars, thinkers and leaders
Hijaz Islamic University aims to offer Muslims worldwide an opportunity to acquire the highest level of Islamic education, in a cogent and accessible format, within the context of and for contemporary society.
The HIU BA courses have been carefully devised to provide a widely accessible undergraduate programme of study. These courses expound on the basic foundations of Islamic Knowledge and Sciences. It is envisaged that in the next five to ten years HIU shall extend the offering to include niche and specialist dimensions and manifestations of Sacred Knowledge.